Sunday, August 27, 2006

Why I Hate Gold Class


GoldClassEntry
Originally uploaded by rhettrospective.
Here's my problem with Gold Class Cinema.
I received two Gold Class Tickets on 31 August 2005, and had yet to use them before the expire date of 31 August 2006.
So with that in mind, I went off to see Snakes on a Plane with a friend, Jim, at Gold Class in Sunshine.
Now to get to the Gold Class entry you have to navigate corridors and ramps, before you are greeted at the door by an ever smiling hostess willing to take your order.
I felt like I had walked into a hotel lobby.
The whole concept of Gold Class Cinema I think, actually decreases the cinema experience. There is something jolting about waitresses walking in during the film to deliver champagne, or chicken wings to you in your reclining chair. It firstly, makes you lose any suspension of disbelief when viewing a movie.
Secondly. I think the purpose of the Gold Class Cinema for people is to enjoy each other's company, not to enjoy the film.
A couple near us, bought in their small child (age no more than say 5), to watch Snakes on a Plane! They spent more time talking to each ther and keeping the baby hapy , in between champagne drinking.
Gold Class Cinemas should only be used for premieres of films, and by the public who want to watch a film and experience film making, rather than wining and dining as their priority.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home